The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and agencies recommend physical distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. We are doing everything we can to be compliant with all regulations and ensure your safety. We have put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, but we cannot guarantee that you or your family members will not become infected with COVID-19.
By participating in the programs, services, and activities of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church Faith Formation and Youth Ministry, you agree to the following:
- On behalf of yourself and your children, you hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to your participation in our programs, services or activities. You understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of this organization, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any such program, service or activity.
- I commit to daily answering these health questions on behalf of my child(ren) to attend Faith Formation and Youth Ministry events and classes. Health questions daily that may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Have you, your child or other individuals in the household been exposed directly or indirectly to anyone diagnosed with the COVID-19?
- Have you, your child or other individuals in your household experienced symptoms of COVID-19 such as:
- Fever of 100.4 Fahrenheit or higher, chills, or shaking chills,
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as a chronic cough)
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Headache, when I combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies), when in combination with other symptoms
- Have you, your child or other persons in the household traveled outside the US in the past 30 days? If so where and when?
- Does your child have any visible signs of illness or symptoms preventing school attendance?
If the answer is ‘Yes’ to any of the above questions, you agree to keep your child(ren) at home until symptoms clear or a doctor’s note permits them to return to school.
This authorization expires one year from the date of my signature.