As a participant of the St. Herman's West Youth Conference, I realize that I represent the Conference and the Russian Orthodox Church in all activities held at the Homewood Suites Hilton, St. Nicholas Cathedral, on the vehicles provided for transportation, Restaurants, and anywhere else the Conference may take the participants. My personal behavior will reflect the way people perceive the Russian Orthodox Church as a whole. I therefore will:
1. Attend ALL scheduled conference lectures, discussions, church services and activities;
2. Respect all clergy, conference coordinators, and conference volunteers;
3. Treat all that I come into contact, with respect and love;
4. Dress appropriately for all activities; Females: must wear skirts or dresses to all conference lectures; no spaghetti strap shirts; open midriffs, no short skirts or dresses (pants acceptable at outdoor activities); Males: Shirts and pants must be in good condition - no rips, tears, stains, etc. (jeans are acceptable) T-Shirts that are worn must be conducive to a church environment. (No designs/print of bands ...etc.)
5. Attire for Church Services: Females: modest skirts/dresses and head coverings; Males: long pants/slacks and collared shirts;
6. Listen to music appropriate to a Church sponsored event and use appropriate language at all times;
7. I will abide by the curfew set by the St. Herman's Youth Committee and respect the quiet time (11:pm to 8:am) set forth by Homewood Suites, Hilton.
8. I will abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the St. Herman's Youth Committee, St. Nicholas Cathedral, and Homewood Suites, Hilton.
9. I will only use transportation provided by St Herman's Conference West. (Exceptions may be made with permission only from Archpriest Boris Henderson).
I realize that there are certain things that will not be tolerated at the St. Herman's West Youth Conference and I promise not to partake in any of the following activities:
10. I will not acquire, distribute or consume alcoholic beverages.
11. I will not acquire, distribute or consume narcotics of any kind or any illegal drugs.
12. I will not verbally, physically or emotionally assault/abuse others
13. I will not engage in public displays of affection, and will act appropriately at ALL times.
The members of St. Herman's West Executive Committee reserve the right to inspect any facilities where conference attendees reside and any of their personal belongings for the safety and well being of all conference participants.
Any criminal actions will be brought to the attention of the local Authorities.
As a participant at St. Herman's West Youth Conference, I promise to abide by this Code of Conduct.