About the Scholarship
This scholarship is to honor the life and legacy of Mrs. Judy Moore Braithwaite. She was an educational advocate, former co-chair of the Hampton City School Board, community service activist, public servant and leader, and supporter of addressing the needs of diverse individuals, families and communities. She embodied the essence of excellence. Her four daughters (Malika, Kisha, Aisha & Jamila) are graduates of Hampton High School and very successful professionals in their respective fields: chiropractic medicine, psychology, law, and finance.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduating senior at Hampton High School
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completed online application
- Two Letters of Recommendation (PDF Format only to be uploaded and attached with your essay below)
- An official transcript (PDF Format only)
- A resume (PDF Format only)
- An essay of no more than 1000 words describing your higher education plans and career goals and how this scholarship will be beneficial to your college experience (PDF Format only)
The selected applicant will receive a $1,000.00 check toward his/her college education.
The application, and all supporting materials, must be received no later than April 15 of each calender year.
For any questions regarding the application process, contact Aisha Braithwiate Flucker at email@example.com or (202) 421-5513.