2019 dates will be:
First rounds - FRIDAY 1st Feb (from 18H00)
Finals night - MONDAY 4th Feb
Closing date is Friday 18th January but please don't leave it till the last minute ..... entry will honestly take you less than a minute !!!
Guys remember for the past four years the open event has been oversubscribed and we had to, unfortunately, turn people away.
It is thus imperative to get your entry in. The draw will be limited to 64 players and places will be decided by a ballot if over-subscribed.
Following previous years welcomed change, we will be playing the first round on the Friday and potentially 3 matches on Saturday rather than Sunday along with playing times that should allow most of you to watch additional matches. In addition this year all winners and runners-up need to be present for the awards evening on the Monday evening.
Brief History and Info:
- This tournament has been running since 1922
- It is actually the Official British Amateur (and consequently only open to Amateur players)
- This is not a graded tournament but all players get a minimum of 2 matches (based on last year’s turn out around 126 entries)
- The finals of all the age groups are held on the Monday evening and your £25 entry Includes a marvelous Buffet Dinner at the RAC (including pudding for piggies).
- It really is a fantastic tournament and your entries would be most welcome
Guys in an effort to assist the organisers please be sporting and don't pull out of this event at short notice
Please can you forward this mail to fellow squash players and apologies if you are not meant to be on this mailing list