2021 Senior Car Parade Guidelines - Saturday, June 12th 6pm
PRE-PARADE: TWO seniors per car! EACH STUDENT MUST FILL OUT A REGISTRATION AND SIGN A WAIVER. Participants will remain in their vehicles.
• 5:20pm – Seniors and their driver will arrive at DirtFish in their pre-decorated car. (Address 7001 396th Drive SE) Car decorations are a personal choice but must be in good taste. Any car arriving with inappropriate decorations including slogans or signage will be turned away. An emphasis on Mt Si colors or ones indicating the senior’s next chapter is encouraged. Decorations should be well secured and not include any items that could fall off and become a hazard. Seniors will wear cap and gown. Cars will immediately begin staging.
• Access to DirtFish will be on the eastside 396th Drive SE. You can arrive from Meadowbrook, Reinging but avoid Mill Pond Road.
• You must arrive no later than 5:30 or you will not be allowed to participate in the parade. NO late students will be allowed. DirtFish will have their gates closed at 5:55.
• You may not join the parade at any point along the route.
• If you want to follow a friend, you will need to arrive at DirtFish in that order. Cars will be staged based on the time of arrival at DirtFish.
• For safety passengers must remain in their vehicles at DirtFish. Students that do not follow rules may be asked to leave.
• Only passenger cars and trucks will be permitted.
• All participants must have a current drivers license, registration and insurance as required by Washington State Law.
• Due to the ability to social distance masks will not be required while in the parade but are appropriate should they choose to be worn.
• Follow all traffic requirements and laws.
PARADE: Participants will remain in their vehicles.
• Only parent or family members will be permitted to drive. Seniors will not be able to drive themselves so they can focus on waving and greeting their spectators.
• Pay attention to the car in front of you at all times.
• Keep the speed of the parade; try not to race ahead or slam on brakes - 5MPH will be kept for the duration of the parade route.
• Distance between cars should be at least 100 ft.
• Follow the directions of law enforcement, city officials, pace cars and volunteers.
• Along the parade route, spectators must adhere to Public Health guidelines and keep socially distant with masks.
• Parade will end at I-90 Westbound.
• All participants will leave the parade route going West on I-90.
In consideration of you accepting this registration, I, the participant, intending to be legally bound, do hereby waive and forever release any and all rights and claims for damages or injuries that I may have against the Event Director and all of their agents assisting with the event, sponsors and their representatives, volunteers and employees for any and all injuries to me or my personal property. This release includes all injuries and/or damages suffered by me before, during or after the event. I recognize, intend and understand that this release is binding on my heirs, executors, administrators, or assignees.
I assume all risks associated with participating in this event including, but not limited to: car accidents, contact with other participants, any risk related to Covid-19, the effects of weather and traffic conditions and waive any and all claims which I might have based on any of those and other risks typically found in a car parade. I acknowledge all such risks are known and understood by me. I agree to abide by all decisions of any event official relative to my ability to safely participate. I understand that this is a MSHS PTSA sponsored event, but in no way will MSHS or SVSD be liable for any issues.
In the event of an illness, injury or medical emergency arising during the event I hereby authorize and give my consent to the Event Director to secure from any accredited hospital, clinic and/ or physician any treatment deemed necessary for my immediate care. I agree that I will be fully responsible for payment of any and all medical services and treatment rendered to me including but not limited to medical transport, medications, treatment and hospitalization.
As it applies to my participation in this event, I agree to abide by the Center for Disease Control (CDC)’s recommendations for the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 and attest to having read the CDC’s guidance at:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html. I also agree to abide by any COVID-19 distancing and other safety guidelines issued by the state, the community or by this event for my participation in this event.
Further, I grant permission to all the foregoing to use my name, voice and images of myself in any photographs, motion pictures, results, publications or any other print, videographic or electronic recording of this event for legitimate purposes.
By submitting this entry, I acknowledge (or a parent or adult guardian for all children under 18 years) having read and agreed to the above Senior Car Parade guidelines, release and waiver.