Managing Director - Investment Sales - Multifamily
Location: Maryland | Full-Time | Hybrid
About Intuitive Management Partners, LLC (“IMP”):
At IMP, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we work in a collaborative environment that when one individual succeeds; so does our team, our clients, and our partners. We thrive on exploring possibilities and creating solutions for growth. As niche expert professionals in the multifamily sector, we make a substantial impact to the housing industry and continue to identify forward-thinking solutions that impact the sector. Our clients & partners benefit from our vertically integrated platform, and our asset specialization sets our value proposition and drives our growth. We invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge a rewarding career path, while loving what you do.
The Managing Director, Investment Sales, position is focused on the procurement, marketing, deal management and business development of commercial multifamily assets throughout the Maryland market. In addition, this individual will have experience in the multifamily sector and provide leadership oversight for the Maryland multifamily sales team.
This position will be engaged in every deal and each stage of the transaction, and have the support of the firm’s analyst, multifamily investment sales team members and administrator. These stages include underwriting, market research, property tours, and preparation of offering memorandums, marketing, and term sheet negotiation, closing and client meetings / events. They will work in a high-energy and team-focused environment.
The selected candidate MUST be licensed and in good standing with the Maryland Real Estate Commission and must live in Maryland.
- Responsible for growing, nurturing, and managing the CRM for business development and deal pipeline growth.
- Responsible for all aspects of proposals, listings and follow through on project assignments and client requests.
- Operate financial models in Excel and provide in‐depth property analysis utilizing financial statements, rent rolls and other industry reports.
- Write compelling property marketing materials and client presentations.
- Participate in pitching and executing multifamily brokerage assignments.
- Ability to execute most facets of a transaction including property tours and investor phone calls.
- Work in support of investment sales professionals.
- Provides supervision, technical guidance, and training to individual employees within the team.
- Lead projects and assign tasks to members of the team.
- Critical to maintain timelines and integrity of information being utilized in assignments.
- Develop property insights and key selling points based on property and neighborhood tours.
- Analyze real estate trends and draw conclusions from aggregator research.
Education & Licensing:
- BA/BS in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Economics, or in a related field. Preferred.
- Active and in Good Standing Real Estate license with the Maryland Real Estate Commission.
- 5+ years of experience in a financial analysis environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry preferred.
- Prior exposure to commercial real estate properties/assets, preferably multifamily, senior living, affordable housing, multi-unit single family communities.
- Computer skills: Must be proficient in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Database systems. Also, GIS experience and interest and the ability to work with mapping software and techniques (ESRI and Google Earth Pro) is a plus not required.
- Evidence of research skills: Up to date with recent trends and news in the multifamily real estate industry.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving abilities: The ideal candidate will have high level analytical skills to run financial models, as well as analyze all aspects of the local real estate markets and exposure to REDIQ a plus but not required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills: The ideal candidate must possess solid or fluent writing skills. They must also possess oral communication abilities to effectively work in team environment and present reports and communicate technical or numerate data in a clear and concise manner.
- Possess the ability to work effectively under pressure. The ideal candidate must be able to make rational decisions when under pressure.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Must have the ability to create, produce and execute for growth.
- Team player: Must be able to work within the team, and work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment.
Core Competencies Include:
- Has operational understanding of the Work Dynamics business model, client requirements, industry delivery and contracting models.
- Understands the impact of risk-reward frameworks, pricing, and resource structures.
- Familiarity with commercial real estate contracts and the risks and obligations of service providers in delivering required outcomes while aggressively managing costs.
- Familiarity of commercial multifamily real estate in brokerage, asset management or operations.
- Ability to critically review and analyze complex financial and operational data sets so to identify potential inaccuracies, or gaps in information.
- Ability to compile, identify and present important Quantitative and Qualitative data in commercial multifamily real estate.
- Knowledge of the costs and activities associated with the management of diverse commercial multifamily real estate portfolios.
- Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines and to establish effective project schedules.
- Understanding of when and how to effectively escalate complications or unforeseen problems in due diligence projects.
- Ability to manage and present vast amounts of complex data in a succinct and understandable fashion.
- An enthusiastic and positive collaborator, able to work as a team and understands the benefits on the firm’s collaborative business environment.
- Shares learnings from a broad and deep range of relevant situations.