In recognition of exemplary professional service to bilingual education by individuals throughout Texas, TABE has established the Honoree Award. The award has been established to honor individuals and/or organizations in the following three categories:
- Community Advocacy
- Higher Education
- Public Education
The deadline to submit is July 11, 2023.
The winner of TABE's Honoree Award competition will be publicly acknowledged and honored at the award banquet at the annual fall conference of the Association. Travel allowance will be provided for TABE Honoree Award recipients.
Only TABE members, including Executive Board members, are eligible to nominate individuals for this recognition.
The documentation presented should contain ample evidence to support the following qualifications.
1. Has earned the recognition, respect, and admiration of bilingual educators;
2. Has made significant contributions and/or provided exemplary professional service to bilingual education in Texas;
3. May not include anyone honored within the past seven years, nor individuals currently serving on the TABE Executive Board or who have served on the TABE Board for the past two years.
The following information must be included:
1. Information about the nominee;
2. Provide a brief narrative which speaks to the qualifications above;
3. Three references that can further validate the contributions of the nominee.