Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Student Applicants:
This scholarship is for undergradute students who are pursuing bilingual education certification in Texas. Applicants must:
1. Be enrolled in an accredited college or university in Texas and be admitted into the teacher education program. (Award issued upon proof of enrollment.)
2. Have a declared specialization in bilingual education.
3. Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the last 60 hours of course work.
4. Be a current Bilingual Education Student Organization (BESO) member.
5. Be bilingual and biliterate in English and another language which is used in a bilingual program in Texas.