Welcome to the AMA Amateur Motocross Eligibility Application for International Riders.
Any Foreign or Non-US Citizen must submit an application and obtain eligibility approval prior to participating in AMA-sanctioned Motocross activity (relating to both age and rider classification).
Please note: A foreign or Non-US Citizen found competing without submitting this eligibility application will not necessarily be disqualified from the current event (determination made by the AMA offices), however their eligibility application may be denied going forward. The participant may lose any points or qualifying position they earned prior to submitting this application. Applicants may compete in AMA-sanctioned amateur Motocross events while your application is being processed. However, the AMA reserves the right to deny the request of the applicant's classification application and any results and/or points earned prior to approved application are null.
AMA Supplemental Rule for the qualifying program for the AMA Amateur Motocross National Championship at Loretta Lynn's: With the exception of Canada, foreign citizens are not eligible for a “C” designated class. (No exceptions, no appeals)
You will need the following to complete this application:
1. A copy of a Birth Certificate, Government ID or Passport
3. A headshot photo
4. A race resume and/or past racing activity
This process will include:
1. The Foreign or Non-US Citizen racer will submit an application. Amateur participants will request a classification. Youth participants will have their age verified.
2. The AMA Advancement/Classification committee will review the documents submitted and previous riding history to determine rider classification.
3. The AMA will contact the applicant thru email with a decision within 15 business days.
If you have questions or comments about this application or process, have questions relating to FIM Licensing, Start Permissions, or Releases for amateur Motocross activity, please contact the AMA Racing offices at (614) 856-1900 or e-mail email@example.com
Please Note: AMA Amateur Motocross events are not inscribed on the FIM Calendar and do not require FIM Licensing, Start Permissions or a Release. Participants are required to have an AMA Membership.