FAQ: Appealing a Advancement/Classification Procedure
1.How much does it cost to Appeal my Advancement?
- A processing fee of $50.00 is required. We accept only money orders, please do not send cash or credit card information.
2. Does it matter if I’ve been injured?
- Yes, but only if you have been able to overcome the injury.
3. Are local events viewed the same as events outside my local area?
- Every event is viewed individually and addressed accordingly to the rider turn out, rider performance, and quality of competition.
4. If my RPV is above the limit, will I have any chance my appeal will be approved?
- Yes, the higher your RPV, the more compelling your supporting information needs to be.
5. Does it matter that I have factory support?
- No, it will not be considered.
6. Does it matter that I just reached the age of advancement?
- No, because you’ve met the requirements of advancement.
7. Can a youth rider be advanced to the “A” class through Youth advancement?
- No, in order to be advanced to the “A” class the rider must meet the amateur advancement requirements.
8. If my 16th birthday is October 31st or prior to, can I be advanced to the “A” class?
- Yes, if you meet the advancement requirements. If your birthday falls on November 1st or after you do not meet the advancement requirements.
9. If I qualified for the Loretta Lynn’s national ten years ago, am I still eligible for the “C” class?
- No, if you ever qualified for Loretta Lynn’s Amateur National you are no longer eligible for the “C” class.
10. Does it help to have local district or organizers input along with my appeal?
- Yes, it will help you appeal.
11. Is the decision of the appeal committee final?
- Yes, there are no second appeals to advancement.
12. Do I have to immediately race in the “B” class if I have been advanced through the Youth Advancement?
- No, you can still compete in youth classes.
13. Do I need to provide anything other than the form and $50.00 processing fee?
- No, but the more information the appeal board receives can help your appeal. Items that can be submitted include:
- Lap Times
- Injury Information
- Supporting Reference Letters
- Racing History