1. Please go to the PICS website
to read specific internship descriptions. (PICS applications are processed on a rolling basis)
2. Each student is eligible to apply to TWO (2) PICS internship organizations. You must submit separate cover letters for each internship position. Several PICS organizations have multiple internship positions and you will be able to apply to each position for any such organization using a single PICS selection. In these cases, you will also be required to write separate cover letters for each internship position to which you are applying. This information is also clearly described within the relevant internship position descriptions.
3. When applying to more than one internship position, it is possible that you will receive the first offer from the PICS office before you hear or interview for another opportunity. Regardless of this, the offer is valid for 3 days only.
4. Please carefully review your choices for both interest and location to make sure your choice is appropriate for you and look over the cost of living in each location to make sure you are choosing the right option for you. Please consult the housing guidelines
and other information available to you before submitting the application.
5. Offers are made to participants in good faith AND an acceptance by the student is relied upon by the community partner organization and PICS. Reneging on your acceptance at a later date is detrimental to all and is a poor reflection on all parties.
6. Summer internship must have a start date no earlier than May 30, 2019 and an end date no later than August 23, 2019. Your dates must be CONSECUTIVE, meaning that you should plan any outside engagements (ie. family vacation, grad school visits, conferences, etc.) around your agreed upon internship dates.
7. In order to be eligible for a PICS summer internship, you must be enrolled in the prior spring semester, be in acceptable academic standing. If your enrollment or academic status changes, then it is your responsibility to notify PICS immediately. Graduating seniors are not eligible to apply.
8. If you close the application before clicking SUBMIT at the bottom of the page, your entries will not be saved. Please be prepared to complete the application, including uploading your cover letters and resume. We recommend reading through the entire application so that you can record and prepare all the required documents in advance.
9. After you've clicked SUBMIT at the bottom of the application, you will receive an email confirmation that we have received it.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org