LouFest strives to minimize the Festival's impact on the environment. All selected vendors must join us in this goal. Here are some guidelines (more details will be provided upon acceptance):
- Styrofoam, #6 plastics, wax paper, and single-use bags are prohibited;
- All food service items (plates, cutlery, etc.) must be made of approved materials, adhering to LouFest's sustainability guidelines;
- We encourage foods that do not require utensils. If menu requires utensils, the utensils must be compostable;
- Individual condiment packages are prohibited, as are "picnic packs" (utensils, salt, pepper, and napkins in plastic packets);
- Vending operations must meet Festival's sustainability guidelines (breaking down and stacking cardboard boxes, participation in the waste diversion programs, etc.).