- Shifts: 4:30pm-10:30pm (Auction) or 6:00pm-11:30pm (All other positions)
- Attendance at Volunteer Orientation is mandatory
March 30: Blossom Kite Festival on the grounds of the Washington Monument kicks off the kite-flying season as enthusiasts and watchers enjoy a day of kite competition and craft. There is an array of lead roles for volunteers at this fun and beautiful event including Chief Kite Cop, Logistics Managers, and Field Managers. Those who participate should be prepared to stand on their feet and be okay with working outdoors. Priority sign-ups for those who choose to participate both set-up and event days.
- Friday set-up: Every event needs to be built. Help us build the Blossom Kite Festival! If you are available, we need you! Flexible schedule from 10:30am-4:30pm (manual labor)
- Saturday: 8am-1:00pm or 12pm-5:00pm; or all day for those who want higher positions!
April 6: PetalPalooza® is a full day of art, music, and play at The Wharf! Formerly known as the Southwest Waterfront Fireworks Festival, PetalPalooza will include interactive art installations, larger-than-life games and activities, live music on three stages, a spectacular fireworks show, and more.
- This is an all-day event with Lead Positions consisting of Zone Managers, Stage Managers, and Information Managers. Attendance at April 5th Walkthrough required.
April 13: National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® will be along historic Constitution Avenue. Participate in the nation’s grandest display of springtime pageantry with top entertainment, seen by hundreds of thousands live and on TV. Lead Positions include Lead Ushers, Lead Crowd Engagement, Volunteer Managers, Logistics Managers, Sponsorship Team, or possibly walking in the parade! Attendance at April 11th Pre-parade meeting required.
- Call times vary between 6am - 8am, parade takes place 10am – Noon.