Building a Diverse and Inclusive Culture of Remembrance (DAICOR):
June 16 to July 1, 2021: Professional Exchange; Part I (6 hours per week)*
July 20 to August 4, 2021: Professional Exchange; Part II (6 hours per week)*
(Exact dates will be announced)
Building a Diverse and Inclusive Culture of Remembrance (DAICOR) is a reciprocal transatlantic exchange program for individuals with a professional interest in the promotion of an inclusive and progressive culture of remembrance in public spaces in Germany and the United States. DAICOR will build a new transatlantic network of experts in this field and will be implemented in two cohorts (2021 and 2022).
Each year, the program will bring together 16 individuals over the course of two joint exchanges, to explore how diversity, equity and inclusion are currently being implemented in the memorial cultures in the U.S. and Germany.
Participants will explore how the public space can be reimagined to reflect more diverse and culturally tolerant remembrances, while comparing lessons learned and best practices from each country’s past and current efforts. By the end of the program, participants will be able to devise a practical approach, campaign, or action plan that further contributes to an inclusive and tolerant culture of remembrance.
DAICOR is a joint program by Cultural Vistas and the Heinrich Böll Stiftung Washington DC, and is supported by the Transatlantic Program of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.
The program language is English.
- Event: Building a Diverse and Inclusive Culture of Remembrance (DAICOR)
- Dates Professional Exchange Part I (6 hours per week): June 16 to July 1, 2021
- Dates Professional Exchange Part II (6 hours per week): July 20 to August 4, 2021
- Meeting Times USA, West Coast: 8am – 10am
- Meeting Times USA, East Coast: 11am – 1pm
- Meeting Times Germany: 5pm – 7pm
- Venue: Zoom Platform (zoom links will be provided by Cultural Vistas)
- Capacity: 16 people
- All participants will be granted a stipend of up to 1,000 USD from the Heinrich Böll Stiftung Washington, DC upon successful completion of the program to further their work in the area of progessive memorial culture.
- Language: English
Application Deadline: Sunday, May 02, 2021, 11:59pm CET
All required fields in this application must be answered completely.
* Participation in both parts of the program is mandatory.