Teach USA
Resume Submission

We are thrilled you are interested in applying for the BridgeUSA program to teach in U.S. primary and secondary schools.  If you'd like to be considered for programs starting July/August 2023, please complete this form.

Cultural Vistas is a nonprofit exchange organization promoting global understanding and collaboration among individuals and institutions. We develop international professional experiences that create more informed, skilled, and engaged citizens. Our programs empower people to drive positive change in themselves, their organizations, and society. Our teacher program aims to foster intercultural learnings between Americans and other nations including students of all ages. Teachers are embedded in communities for 3-5 years creating lasting relationships with students, colleagues and parents. This type of sustained dialogue creates the ability for people from different backgrounds to appreciate diverse perpsectives and experiences and work together.

As a BridgeUSA sponsor, Cultural Vistas is responsible for administering exchange programs in compliance with the U.S. Department of State‚Äôs public diplomacy goals and visa requirements.  Cultural Vistas can provide qualified individuals with the J-1 Visa sponsorship necessary to pursue full-time paid teaching positions at accredited K-12 schools for up to 5 years.

For more specific details on J-1 programs, please review this Power Point before you submit this form.  Submitting this form DOES NOT guarantee you a position.

How it works:

We will first assess your basic eligibility for the visa.  If you are a viable candidate, you will be asked to submit more information before being added to the 2023 pool of candidates. 

If you are not yet sure whether you want to be considered, you do not need to complete this form.  Please contact me at cgillam@culturalvistas.org to discuss your interest and clarify any questions you have.

Note:  We cannot guarantee location, salary, etc.  If you are set on certain places or other specifics, please do not submit your resume and, instead, search for positions by conducting research and applying yourself.  Schools do not need to be pre-registered with us or have experience with the J-1 but you should thoroughly review the power point to educate yourself before applying for positions.

J-1 requirements:

Possesses equivalent to U.S. 4- year bachelor degree or above in education or the subject you teach

Two years of full-time teaching experience in K-12 schools (not interns, assistants or fill-in subs or language schools, cultural centers or other non-primary or secondary school)

Currently teaching in at the time of application*

*OR is currently pursuing an advanced degree (higher than bachelor) in education or the subject you plan to teach/have received such a degree within the past 12 months from outside the U.S and has two years of full-time teaching experience within the past eight years.

Applicant Information

STOP!  If you have not carefully read the eligibility criteria AND the costs, please do so now before you continue.
Are you currently employed teaching full-time as a classroom teacher in a primary or secondary school as follows:
  • Teaching in a full-time position
  • Lead teacher in charge of the classroom, not an assistant, aide, substitute, tutor or intern
  • At a primary or secondary school, not a language/cultural center, adult education site, day care or post-secondary institution
What grade levels have you taught? *
Do you teach specific subjects only? *
What is the highest level of education you completed? *
Can you easily obtain your official transcript of courses from your university for a credential report in addition to providing your diploma? *
If you'd like to go ahead and get your credential report done, please visit the site below to purchase a General Analysis (you may be required to upgrade to a Course Analysis for your state teaching license).  A credential report is required for step 2 and final vetting of candidates.  SpanTran is accepted in 49 states.  This does cost money.

SpanTran Application - Cultural Vistas

Do you specialize in any of the following?
I hold a formal degree or certificate in one of these specialized areas.  This does not simply mean you teach English to non-native speakers.  These are officially recognized certifications.
Have you previously worked or studied overseas? *
Are you able to pay Cultural Vistas fees? Some schools are able to assist with this and some are not. *
In addition to CV fees, there will be costs associated with moving to the U.S. including travel to obtain the visa at the U.S. Embassy and the govt fee $160, flights to the U.S., initial money to set up housing including furnishings and deposits, potentially licensing fees if a teacher license is required. Do you believe you would be able to support these additional costs? *
Are you working with or in communication with any type of recruiting agency or organization other than a school to provide you with J1 services?  Failure to disclose this information could result in program cancellation. *
Can you present proof of COVID vaccination by the time you enter the U.S.?  Please see the list of accepted vaccines HERE.  *


For questions, contact teach@culturalvistas.org