Students eligible for scholarships during the forthcoming academic year must be dependents of regularly employed or full-time employees, independent contractors, owners or operators whose business encompasses the sale, marketing, manufacturing or distribution of promotional products, OR must be employees of companies in any of these areas. If an employee’s dependent is applying, the student’s parent or guardian will be asked to authorize the Foundation to verify involvement and work in the field of promotional products as described above for a one-year period prior to the date of application for a scholarship award. For industry employees, proof of current employment in the promotional products industry is required. Please note this is an annual requirement when renewing scholarships. PPEF Trustees and their immediate family members are ineligible for scholarships or grants.
Chairman’s Scholarship For Promotional Products Career Candidates Requirements:
• A minimum college cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for students making application. Please submit an official college transcript.
• Students must be full time and classified as sophomores entering their junior year at a four-year accredited college or university.
• Students who receive a full or 100% scholarship (academic, athletic, fraternal or other) from another provider will be ineligible for this program. A full or 100% scholarship is described as an award that includes all expenses for room, board, tuition and books.
• Students currently receiving a scholarship from PPEF are eligible for this program. However, if such a student is awarded the Chairman’s Scholarship, other PPEF scholarship aid will be discontinued.
• Scholarship awards funded by PPEF cannot be used for any purpose other than to help cover tuition, books, lab fees and educational supplies.
• The Foundation’s eligibility requirements must prevail at the time of college enrollment.
• The PPEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin or disability.
Chairman’s Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the following criteria:
• College Grade Point Average—30% • Essay Questions—25%
• Extra-curricular Activities/ Work Experience—20% • Letter of Recommendation—5%
• Financial Need (optional) FAFSA Student Aid Report—20% *
Financial Need FAFSA Report:
When applying for the PPEF scholarship program, it is optional to submit the Student Aid Report from the applicants Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). A student can apply for financial need (FAFSA) online through the U.S. Department of Education. Once the student applies for financial need through the FAFSA, the student should receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). PPEF uses the information provided on the SAR to determine financial need. Please submit a copy of the SAR along with the applicant’s PPEF scholarship application. All financial information submitted will remain confidential. The Student Aid Report showing the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) must be submitted by April 30.
*You may submit a confidential Student Aid Report to PPEF to be considered for this scholarship. However, if not submitted, the student will not receive the financial need points when scoring the application.
How To Proceed:
• All applicants must complete the forms in full and submit them to the PPEF Scholarship Committee by March 15. Only financial need information will be accepted after this date and it must be received by April 30.
• All applicants must provide an official university transcript of grades. Please send to PPEF, 3125 Skyway Circle North, Irving, TX 75038.
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for consideration of a scholarship.
• All applicants must submit an essay and resume. More details are provided below.
• All applicants must have a Letter of Recommendation from an instructor knowledgeable about his/her academic ability and performance. The Letter of Recommendation may be sent separately to PPEF, 3125 Skyway Circle North, Irving,TX 75038.
Recipients of the scholarships will be announced by the end of May of each year.
Please Note: This scholarship Application Form must be returned to PPEF headquarters no later than March 15.