The Promotional Products Education Foundation program was established with these continuing goals and objectives:
• To recognize and encourage scholarly ability and academic performance among the sons and daughters of individuals whose employment, business, career or profession encompasses the sale, marketing, manufacturing or distribution of promotional products
• To provide scholarship assistance for individuals who are employed in the promotional products industry
• To encourage personal growth through participation in extracurricular activities within the civic and academic communities
• To recognize intellectual growth and achievement
• To provide fiscal support that eases financial burdens while encouraging the achievement of a four-year university degree
The scholarship for Academic Excellence and Achievement awards scholarships to promotional products industry employees or their dependents, and is renewable for four years of undergraduate studies provided the student demonstrates satisfactory progress towards the degree and meets the required criteria for scholarship renewal.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the student’s academic achievement, results of ACT or SAT tests, scholastic and civic leadership, as well as other pertinent information about the student which is submitted to the Foundation’s selection committee.
For industry employees, the applicant must be currently employed by a promotional products company and must submit the scholarship application prior to the freshman year of college.
PPEF’s Scholarship Committee will determine the annual recipients of the scholarship awards. PPEF has a goal of awarding 50% of the Four-Year College Scholarships based on need and 50% based on merit. Based on the number of applicants under each category, the Scholarship Committee reserves the right to adjust these percentages to keep the scholarship program competitive. Each year, the number of need-based and merit-based scholarships will be set prior to the start of the judging process.
The value of the merit-based scholarship is $1,000 annually for four years. The value of the need-based scholarship is $2,000 annually for four years.
Students eligible for scholarships during the forthcoming academic year must be dependents of regularly employed or full-time employees, independent contractors, owners or operators whose business encompasses the sale, marketing, manufacturing or distribution of promotional products, OR must be employees of companies in any of these areas. If an employee’s dependent is applying, the student’s parent or guardian will be asked to authorize the Foundation to verify involvement and work in the field of promotional products as described above for a one-year period prior to the date of application for a scholarship award. For industry employees, proof of current employment in the promotional products industry is required. Please note this is an annual requirement when renewing scholarships. PPEF trustees and their immediate family members are ineligible for scholarships or grants.
Four-Year Scholarship For Academic Excellence And Achievement Requirements:
• ACT or SAT Scores must be provided. If applicant has not taken the ACT or SAT exam, please contact the PPEF Manager.
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for students making application. Please provide an official transcript from your school.
• Students must be entering a four-year accredited college or university as a freshman.
• Students who receive a full or 100% scholarship (academic, athletic, fraternal or other) from another provider will be ineligible for this program. A full or 100% scholarship is described as an award that includes all expenses for room, board, tuition and books.
• Scholarship awards funded by PPEF cannot be used for any other purpose other than to help cover tuition, books, lab fees and educational supplies.
• The foundation’s eligibility requirements must prevail at the time of enrollment in college.
• The PPEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin or disability.Need-Based Scoring:
High School Grade Point Average – 15%
SAT or ACT Score – 15%
Essay from Candidate – 25%
Resume – 15%
Financial Need – 30%
Financial Need FAFSA Report:
High School Grade Point Average – 25%
SAT or ACT Score – 25%
Essay from Candidate – 35%
Resume – 15%
When applying for a need-based scholarship, submit the applicant’s Student Aid Report from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). A student can apply for financial need (FAFSA) online through the U.S. Department of Education. The student does not have to be admitted into a college or university to apply for financial need. Once the student applies for financial need through the FAFSA, the student should receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). PPEF uses the information provided on the SAR to determine financial need. Please submit a copy of the SAR along with the applicant’s PPEF scholarship application. All financial information submitted will remain confidential. The Student Aid Report showing the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) must be submitted by April 30.
How To Proceed:
• All applicants must complete in full the following forms and submit them to the PPEF Scholarship Committee by March 15. Only financial need information will be accepted after this date and it must be received by April 30.
• All applicants must take the ACT or SAT. If the scores are not included on the official high school transcript, please submit a photo copy of the test report showing the testing organization's logo, the student's name and the scores. If the applicant has not taken the ACT or SAT exam, please contact the PPEF Manager.
• ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD CHECK WITH THEIR HIGH SCHOOL REGISTRAR, PRINCIPAL OR COUNSELOR FOR INSTRUCTIONS CONCERNING SPECIFIC TIMES AND PLACES THE TEST WILL BE GIVEN.
• All applicants must provide a copy of their official high school transcript of grades. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for consideration of a scholarship.
• All applicants must submit an essay and resume. More details are provided below.
Recipients of the scholarships will be announced by the end of May of each year. Recipients may select any accredited college. Students must make their own arrangements for admission.
This Scholarship Application Form must be returned to PPEF headquarters no later than March 15.
Please send to: Promotional Products Education Foundation • Foundation Manager • 3125 Skyway Circle North • Irving, TX 75038-3526 • 972.258.3097 • firstname.lastname@example.org